Dear Principals and Directors of Charter Schools, Approved Private Special Education Schools, Educational Collaboratives, and Special Education in Institutional Settings:
The purpose of this website is for the principal to do the following:
- Certify that appropriate preparations have been made prior to test administration;
- Enter the quantity of answer booklets being returned (for paper-based testing);
- Certify that the school's MCAS test administration met the student participation and test security requirements described in the Principal's Administration Manual.
Note that the PCPA may not be completed by a designee.
In order to maintain a standard test administration and reporting schedule across all schools, this form must be completed according to the dates listed in the table below.
|Test Administration||Deadline to Complete the PCPA BEFORE Testing||Deadline to Complete the PCPA AFTER Testing|
|March 2019 MCAS ELA and Mathematics Retests||12:00 p.m., February 28||3:00 p.m., March 12|
|MCAS Alternate Assessment||12:00 p.m., March 22||3:00 p.m., March 28|
|Spring 2019 MCAS Grades 3-8 Tests||N/A||3:00 p.m., May 28|
|Spring 2019 Grade 10 Tests||N/A||3:00 p.m., May 31|
|Spring 2019 MCAS Operational High School STE Tests||N/A||3:00 p.m., June 12|
|Spring 2019 MCAS Biology and Introductory Physics Field Tests||N/A||3:00 p.m., June 17|
- The principal must complete the PCPA and certify the information submitted on this form.
- To begin, select your administration from the dropdown menu.
- Note: New for spring 2019, the Principal's Certification of Proper Test Administration (PCPA) form is streamlined to reflect the shift to computer-based testing. The "before testing" section is removed, and schools will complete the PCPA only after testing for the following grades/tests. (Note that the "before testing" will remain on the PCPA for the March retest, which will be a paper-based administration, as well as the MCAS Alternate Assessment.
Please contact the MCAS Service Center at 800-737-5103 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems accessing this website. For more information about MCAS, please visit the Department's website at www.doe.mass.edu/mcas.